Saturday, December 15, 2012

Car Troubles

General Motors automobile mural

Well, things are down for me again. The car broke down, and I'm having a fit. How do I get to work? How do I get to school? It's tough without a car and no money to repair it. My family, as usual, will try to help. I'm tired of needing help. I could get another car, but I have no down payment.
On a lighter note, I did go out to eat last night in one of my favorite neighborhoods here in St. Louis. I went to Cicero's last night and had a great burger. A friend of mine plays there in a band that does Grateful Dead music. They have been together 20 years and are fantastic. The neighborhood itself is awesome. They have several blocks of stores, restaurants and theatres. The area is extremely diverse, with all kinds of cultures, ages, races, etc. We love one of the restaurants in particular, Riddles Penultimate. They get all of their food from local farmers, lots of organic stuff, great steaks, great veggies and more. They have music, which is jazz and blues usually. The bar is casual and we love the bartenders. They also have the largest wine list in St. Louis with over 500 wines, all at great prices. Boyfriend and I walked around because the weather was great. The streets were packed with people and street performers. He was wonderful, trying to cheer me up because of all that is going wrong for me right now. It was a nice night.

There are only two weeks of classes left, I will be done with school for awhile. I don't go back until September. I plan on working myself to death this summer and making as much as I can. It's easy for me to find new work, someone always needs their house cleaned. My teacher asked for my number to do some cleaning for her, and I found out she lives so close I could ride my bike there if I wanted to. Things will look up for me, they always do. It's a constant roller coaster of ups and downs, and things always manage to work out, although barely.

No comments:

Post a Comment